Thursday, September 01, 2011

NaBloPoMo or NAMBLA for short

Apparently I'm someone who does things like daily blog posts now, because here I am starting this National Blog Posting Month with 16 or so minutes left on the first day. If I don't publish until after the end of the first day, I won't be surprised if I'm disqualified by some sanctioning body that judges these things. It might be a bit like entering a chili competition in Texas and putting beans in your chili. It won't pass the sanctioning body if there's filler in that there chili, son.

This month's theme is about returning or turning again, so we're going to get real here, people.

Real real. We might update this blog's appearance as well. We might not.

For better or for worse, I will be blogging about my past experiences, I guess.

I wouldn't say that I had an unbearable childhood, there are certainly others who had things far worse than I, but there's a lot that I should be thinking about and accepting. I'm not really sure what "acceptance" is, but I'm pretty sure that I've done it. Whether that was accomplished subconsciously, actively or by Grace I do not know.

I'm pretty sure that I've accepted things like my brother's death. That happened 20 years ago this week. It made me sad to think about when it occurred to me on Monday but I've acknowledged that his lifestyle and choices led to his premature death.

Maybe I'll just leave it here for now since I'm not really sure where to go next. Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Basil said...

This is nowhere near as wrong as beans in a chili.